Tuesday, October 03, 2006

LRMB

LRMB aka., Lage Raho Munna Bhai..., the 2nd innings for the blockbuster 'Munn Bhai M.B.B.S',
the movie that is re-generating the ripples that rocked the ppl. from the Gandhian era...
The movie that preaches Gandhigiri (will define this term shortly). Last sunday, I went to wacth this movie; whether this movies delivers a message or not but, it is definitely a two and half an hour non-stop entertainer.
It so happened that my bro. and his frnz wanted to visit some concert by a band 'Gel'(or something that sounds like Gel), and they wen to Kachiguda to get the tickets for the concert. They got the tickets on saturday and the concert was on sunday.
They paid 150 bucks (in India rupees), for each ticket and assumed that the concert would take place in NALSAR city campus (a law college in Hyderbad). Something they didnot know was that the NALSAR univ. campus was some 30 kms (appox.) frm Hyderabad city. The next day, my bro and his frnz got ready and decided to leave for the concert; playfully one 'em turned around the concert ticket and noticed that some kinda map was provided to reach the place...they were bewildered and checked the ticket again only to find that the concert was happening univ. campus; they thought, okay, wat the heck, we'll have a gud ride, but the downpour didnot allow them..
so they decided, y not watch a movie and there was a gud movie being screened close where we live...the movie was LRMB. I simply called up my bro. to check if he reached the concert yet.. i jumped up with joy when he said, they cancelled the plans to go to the concert;instead, decided to watch LRMB, and tickets were available! (who woudn't jump?)..
I called up my another gud friend (whose name also happens to be Ravindra !) to see if he could join us..but, alas, he had other plans..newayz, i called up my bro. and got me a ticket reserved for two-n-half hours of non-stop fun 'n' entertainment!
The movie was to be screened at 6:45 p.m and it was already 6:00 p.m, but no worries, the movie hall was like only 10 mins frm my place..so, i set out frm my home at 6:20 and reached there at 6:30 p.m , met my bro and entered the movie hall......
The first 20-30 mins, it was like a joke after a joke....ppl all over the hall were laughing, clapping and jumping out of their seats( a bit over exaggerated,but watever)...
The next part of the movie was also fun ,only that the frequency of the comic parts has come down, from a joke every sec. to a joke for every 15 secs... :D
For me, it was like, there definitely is pure comedy out of F.R.I.E.N.D.S !! (look for the below posts to see how big a fan of F.R.I.E.N.D.S I am).
I wouldn't describe the movie a lot here, b'coz it is worth watching and all fun-movie lovers must and should watch it..
There were some sentimental scenes (infact many), but definitely NOT the "typical bollywood senti."..it was different and it was definitely fun!
This movie coins the term Gandigiri aka,. "Following the principles defined by Gandhi"( aka., the father of the nation!)
The Delhi govt. an the AP govt. have given full tax exemption for the screening of the movie in the respective states.
I know that the movie preaches Gandhigiri, but, if it were upto me, I'd suggest tax exemption for the pure, un-adulterated comedy!
The latest newz sayz that the movie is being sent as an entry for the Oscars in the 'Best foriegn movie' category (independently by the director, ofcourse, RDB being the official entry). Letz wait 'n' c...I'm not sure, if this movie suits the Oscars,but it is the 'one of its kind' movie...
Lage Raho Munna bhai !

P.S:
One of my frnz suggested that I use too much '...'s in my posts...I too thought my posts look a bit ugly with all the '...'s, So I tried to cut 'em down to make this post (look 'n' sound) beautiful!


No comments: