Thursday, January 11, 2007

The "start" button

A couple of days back, I had the privilage to work with SuSE 10 ( a Linux distro, fully supported by Novell)
(Don't worry, this is not going be as big as the last one ;) )
For quite long now, I was hoping that some Linux distro. would be compatible with my keyboard...
You might say, what are you talking about?Any one can type and see the characters on the screen with any Microsoft Windows compatible keyboard..

Yes, but have you ever noticed the key with the "Windows" image on it, rather, famously known as the "start" button...
What happens when u press the key........... on Linux?



Nothing...........
and I've been a lot frustrated, when, to use a console, I always have to use the mouse :(



until now,

Not any more I'll be frustrated........
'Coz, SuSE 10 changes this!! :) Yes, the "startup menu" equivalent (already available in earlier versions of SuSE) can be accessed by the "start" button!!!
How good of SuSE to have thought about it :)
..................for me ;)

7 comments:

Raga said...

As always.. rest are followers!!! ..

Subu said...

So your dream has come true in the new year

Ravindra Rajaram said...

@Sasanka:
Imitation is not necessarily bad, if it drives innvation and benifits the end user.
Am i right?

Ravindra Rajaram said...

@Subu:
sorta..one of the most awaited intuitive features...

Anunay Gupta said...

Hi buddy!
Surprised to see ya blogging!!
Anyways, I am hoping to hear that someday you will put your own features! :D

Ravindra Rajaram said...

my own features!!
wow!! thx dude..
i too hope for the same!

Kiran said...

Hey ravi.. even i used to get frustated about the same start button.. haha..
what a coincidence.. however this is a good one though...