Sunday, June 24, 2007

Did you read these books?

I got this link from the TIME magazine's website which lists the 100 best English-language novels from 1923 to 2005 (this article is from 2005!; Some body can point out if there is a latest list :) )
I got off to starts with "Gone with the wind", "Lord of the Rings" & "Catch-22", but never got to finish them off! :(

Now, I know, what I'll probably read over the next couple of.................................
.......years!

What did YOU read from the list and what are YOU going to read?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

These are some of the books which I've read:
The Catcher in the Rye
To Kill a Mockingbird
The Sun Also Rises
1984
The Lord of the Rings
Lolita

I am disappointed to see that there is no Kafka,Dostoevsky. :(

I plan to finish reading the remaining books in another 10 years. :)

Ravindra Rajaram said...

10 years!!
If 10 years for you, it must be 20 for me!

Unknown said...

oops, got it.
This is a list of books starting from 1923

Anunay Gupta said...

Oops! after going thru the list, I dont even deserve to be commenting amongst the big shots! :$ .. I havent read any of the 100!! :-(

Can anyone please put up a list of 900-1000 ranked novels?? :$

Ravindra Rajaram said...

@nunay..
agree wid u dude..some body give us the 100-900 list :)..

Ravindra Rajaram said...

@amit:
Kafka,Dostoevsky: which era?

Unknown said...

Kafka died in 1924.[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kafka]
Dostoevsky is a 19th century Russian writer.[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fyodor_Dostoevsky]

Uma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.