Saturday, May 19, 2007

History - A very different perspective

Lately, I've been reading a lot FF ( Fredrick Forsyth). Now, I'm thankful to Sandeepan, Pranabesh and Amit Sharma who lent me the novels when we I was in college...
I've always had a special place for HISTORY in my areas of interest....but my knowledge had been limited to my text books that I read until my class X.
Now, when I read FF, I'm seeing history being unveiled to me with a very different perspective..Nobody told me (not even the text books) mentioned some of the very important things that happened in the history of mankind.To say in a few words,
"No body had put history to me in that way"..
Though the plot of the stories is mostly good..the incidents of history that are described take me to a different level...
Now that I know something, I feel it is important for me to read more and know more history...may be pass it on to others too.....

8 comments:

Unknown said...

IMO,Fredrick Forsyth,John Le Carre,Tom Clancy are better than Sidney Sheldon,Jeffrey Archer,et al

Ravindra Rajaram said...

I totally agree with you now ...
'm reading Le Carre tooo..
Tom Clancy is still in the waiting list though....

Anunay Gupta said...

I am waiting for you to pass me that to me :)
I love History too and love the way History Channel puts it to me.. :)

Raga said...

what are u waitin for?
FF ?

Ravindra Rajaram said...

@anunay..
I was logged in as my bro..so the comment shows Sasanka..!

Anunay Gupta said...

Read the last line of your post...

Unknown said...

@Ravindra: pass on your history gyaan to Anunay
@Anunay:catch it

:)

Ravindra Rajaram said...

workin on it man..readin more FF..
will do it soon :)